Living the Dream, Vivere il sogno



Wednesday, January 6, 2010

La Befana


Today, here in Sicily is "Befana day". Today I went to get a present from the Befana and when I got there it was crazy! Tons of kids running around, singing and dancing. OMG!!! Just now I got a game and some candy. I can't wait to play the game!

La Befana is an old woman who delivers gifts to children throughout Italy.

The character may have originated in central Italy, then spread as a tradition to the rest of Italy.

Many of you may think that La Befana is Santa Claus. But she's not...here they have both,Santa Claus and La Befana. First, comes Santa Claus then La Befana!!!!

If you don't understand here is a bioagraphy about La Befana:http://www.factmonster.com/dictionary/brewers/befana.html

2 comments:

  1. Hey Phia:

    I love your pictures and informative facts.

    Love,
    G-Ma

    ReplyDelete